• Livery in the likeness of General Eisenhower’s staff car
• Features Packard’s straight-eight engine
• Original interior
• Last model year of passenger car for the duration of World War II
• Touring Sedan body type
1946 Piper J-3 Cub
• Used during World War II as the L-4 Grasshopper for reconnaissance
• Iconic paint scheme known as “Lock Haven Yellow”
• Designed and first produced during the Golden Age of Aviation, 1918 to 1939
• Used as a trainer for thousands of civilian pilots since its introduction in 1937
Pre-bid and live bid online
For the benefit of the J. Kruse Education Center, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, providing career path development for students and veterans on the campus of Kruse Plaza in Auburn, Indiana
Our veterans gave us their best. Now we are giving them our best.
The J. Kruse Education Center has created an on-ramp that gives veterans a successful return to the workforce. The Education Center also provides career path development for both students and veterans on the campus of Kruse Plaza in Auburn, Indiana.
Your participation in the Americana Festival supports this effort and provides veterans as well as students, a launch pad for their future.
Warbirds & Airplanes
The three vintage aircraft and warbirds offered for sale at no reserve include a 1946 Piper J-3 Cub, used during World War II as the L-4 Grasshopper for reconnaissance, presented in an iconic paint scheme known as “Lock Haven Yellow”. Designed and first produced during the Golden Age of Aviation, from 1918 to 1939, the Piper Cub was used as a trainer for thousands of civilian pilots since its introduction in 1937. Nicknamed the ‘Bamboo Bomber’ for its wooden wings and tail section, the 1944 Cessna UC-78 selling alongside it was used to train bomber pilots during World War II, and for military light transport, liaison and communications. Also on offer is a singular 1935 Speedbird, a one-off experimental aircraft with a two-seat, side-by-side arrangement.
Aviation & Warbirds
One of the largest collections of authentic WWII artifacts ever offered in one place, an absolute one-of-a-kind opportunity for the enthusiast or serious collector.
Signs & Advertising
Signs & Advertising
Militaria & Memorabilia Walkthrough
Day Pass: $10
- Good for both auction days and preview
- Does NOT include bidder registration
Children 17 and under and Veterans are Free
Bidder Registration: $50
- Admission for all four days
- Includes bidder registration for both auctions.
Comes with two passes (bidder and guest)